JOB OVERVIEW : TEAM
LOCATION: Nigeria (New Country Expansion)
LOCATION TYPE: Field
CAREER LEVEL: Professionals
In order to maintain One Acre Fund’s ambitious growth trajectory, the New Country Expansion team has identified Nigeria as a critical country to expand to, and we have begun our pilot program in Minna, Niger State.
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: on average, farmers harvest 50% more food after working with One Acre Fund. We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
In 2019, the Nigeria pilot program expanded to serve +500 farmers, with an emphasis on learning what our customers want and how to provide it sustainably. As the Field Operations Associate, you will lead the team responsible for daily interactions with our farmers while creating the strategy to enroll and serve more clients in 2020+. The Field Operations Associate reports to the Nigeria Pilot Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
Strategy & Execution
- You will manage the Field Operations team throughout the annual cycles of sales, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection, while exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each team member can support.
- You will develop the Field Officer training program, from hiring and onboarding to salesmanship, agricultural support, and customer satisfaction.
- You will determine goals and oversee data collection and analysis efforts, to ensure that the program is learning the right things from regular interactions with farmers.
- You will oversee expansion strategy, exploring program-fit in new areas of Niger State and other states in Nigeria, while engaging local leadership and farmers alike to partner with us.
Transformation and Staff Development
- You will lead efforts to integrate new technology into the daily work of the Field Team to increase their capacity to manage new and recurring customer needs.
- You will invest in the skill-building of the Field Team staff- salesmanship, agricultural knowledge, and pedagogical capabilities- to drastically increase their ability to connect with, educate, and serve farmers.
- You will work with the Research and Development team to research and test different interventions, with a focus on understanding what farmers want and how the program can provide those products and services.
- Lead a team of ten to fifteen full-time staff, investing in fantastic farmer services, with the chance to grow the team threefold in future seasons.
- Directly manage, mentor and develop team leaders to take on increasing levels of independence and responsibility within the team.
CAREER GROWTH AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will help shape a growing organization while building a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for an professional with 3 years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Specific qualifications include:
- Work experiences in agricultural or startup environments. An ideal candidate played a leading role in the launch of a startup, early stage growth company, or new product/market in an established company. Preferably in West Africa.
- Ready and able to identify & solve problems as they arise across the program.
- Comfortable celebrating failure when it leads to learning and iteration.
- Work with quantitative and qualitative information to make decisions in the context of uncertainty.
- Leadership experience in a dynamic working environment, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Experience using GIS software
- Collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English required, Hausa preferred.
PREFERRED START DATE
Consistent with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes. Nigerian candidates are encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
How to apply:
Enhance your chances by remodeling your Cover Letter / Resume before applying Click here to get started