Company Location: Lagos
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Industry: Financial Services, Information Technology & Services, Internet
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Employment Type: Full-time
Merchant, Retailer and third-party payment facilitator business developmentØ
Acquiring Bank business developmentØ
Regulatory over sight (in relation to Interchange impact on acceptance )Ø
‘Go To’ person for Acceptance Development across Ghana and Rest of West Africa (ROWA), ensuring alignment between the individual markets ‘go-to-market’ approaches and the overall MEA Acceptance Development strategy, taking into account the region’s longer term strategic initiatives. This individual will be responsible for developing dedicated acquirer and merchant plans.
Establish strong relationships with the players in the acceptance value chain and work with new players to provide new models to the market. This individual will enhance merchant/retailer relationships by creating value along the lines of relevant and specific value added solutions (ie on-line gateways, Mastercard QR, PayPass, information services, co-brands). The candidate should be able to quantify the benefits for both parties through an understanding of MasterCard’s P&L and maximizing revenue for all parties through an effective acceptance strategy.
The successful candidate will work closely with the West Africa management team on the regulatory and economic impacts that affect the acceptance of electronic commerce.
- Analyze business opportunities to increase share and revenue. Implement both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
- Implement Acceptance Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability.
- Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value.
- In partnership with regional Acceptance Development resources, contribute to developing MEA-wide business plans, leveraging appropriate market intelligence.
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Deliver extensive acceptance expertise and knowledge into the market place.
- Drive ATM and POS acceptance in Nascent markets.
- Guide processing and switching strategy to grow acceptance.
- Prioritise markets and work streams taking into account financial viability and time to market on projects.
- Project-manage initiatives – from concept through to implementation.
Key Competencies Sought
- Business Acumen
- Knowledge leadership
- Solution drive
- Results orientation
- Strong Analytical ability
- Project Management
- Influence, Assertive, Initiative
- Autonomy, Independence and Accountable
- Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
- Commitment, Passion and Energy
- Ability to work with team as well as independently
- Deep business development and marketing experience, gained in the financial services, payments or retail sectors
- Strong project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational experience
- Experience in merchant acquiring, retailing and/or corporate transactional banking will be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment across multiple geographic locations
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
- Business Case development, including financial analytics
- Budget preparation and management
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Solid solution development skills and effective working both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- B-Com required, MBA preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that
considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
How to apply:
Enhance your chances by remodeling your Cover Letter / Resume before applying Click here to get started