Company Name: Catholic Relief Services Company Location: Abuja Municipal, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
About The Company
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to the work of CRS. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Non-profit Organization Management
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party (& Head of Operations- Finance)
CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded nearly $700 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and the principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant since January 2017. As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), 3 SRs — Management Sciences for Health, Malaria Consortium, Society for Family Health and Malaria Consortium; various state governments, malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2018 – 2020 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in 7 states. CRS will also oversee the 3 SRs and support a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level.
The Director of Finance and Grants Management is responsible for overall budget monitoring and compliance oversight of the Global Fund malaria grant and all related sub-grants/sub-contracts. s/he oversees the design and implementation of strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting procedures/policies to minimize/manage risks associated with grant implementation, safeguard Global Fund’s resources, achieve consistent compliance with Global Fund grant agreement, approved workplan/budget, Global Fund policies and guidelines, as well as CRS’ policies and procedures. S/he coordinates assessments and the identification of needs for support in compliance, budgeting and financial management and their implementation as well as actively works with the sub-recipient (SR) on their grant management capacity. In coordination with the program team and CRS Nigeria and HQ finance and compliance teams, s/he develops and implements the strategy to prevent or reduce compliance-related liabilities and risks. The scope of work covers all aspects of financial and grant management of the Global Fund Malaria grant implemented by CRS in Nigeria.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Director for Management Quality and HQ Compliance team, GFSU.
External: Global Fund Nigeria Country Team, SR, LFA,SMoH and partner health facility staff, external auditors and the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP).
Agency Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Qualifications and Skills:
- ICAN or equivalent professional qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA) strongly recommended
- Master’s Degree in Administration, Accounting or Finance, Organizational Development, Management or another relevant field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO. Preferably, at least ten (10) years’ experience in non-profit Accounting and grant management, preferably with an International Organization, with at least 6 years’ experience at the management level.
- Must be a, self-motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative
- Good understanding of Global Fund policies and guidelines is required
- Thorough knowledge of best practices in capacity strengthening with prior experience of integrating this with programming; experience in curriculum design and development.
- Excellent experience in budgeting and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through participatory adult learning, mentoring, distance education, and other formal and non-formal methods; experience in the design of and delivery of training workshops
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, demonstrating diplomacy and tact
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer software — MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially), experience with SunSystems, Adaptive Planning, Salesforce and JD Edwards software a plus
- Must be flexible and can work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 50%
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Enhance your chances by remodeling your Cover Letter / Resume before applying Click here to get started