Company Name: JobMag
Company Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
About The Company
TheJobMag.com is a specialist firm dedicated to the building the capacity of young professionals and companies. We strongly believe that an organisation is only as good as its people. The peculiarities of entrepreneurship can sometimes derail business owners to shift focus from their most important assets – their people. It could also cause them to be less thorough with their processes. We support these businesses by helping them refocus on their personnel. In the process, the people will be empowered to deliver on their business objectives and advance the company’s vision. JobMag was birthed in 2010 and has been providing varied human and corporate capacity Development solutions across different sectors ever since. Our strength lies in the principles of Value Derivation, Simplicity of Solutions and Practicality.
The main purpose of this role is to plan, direct and coordinate human resource management activities to help maximize the strategic use of human capital with regards to staff recruitment, compensation & benefits, personnel policies & regulatory compliance as well as oversee process & procedure management.
We are looking for a self-starter who can enforce work processes and do the following:
- Provide directional leadership in talent optimization and organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure all HR records and employee records are maintained properly and up to date.
- Develop training programs that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Manage the recruitment, selection & confirmation, onboarding, and engagement of new hires
- Ensure the processing of employee benefits e.g. overtime allowance, leave allowance, transport allowances, HMO etc
- Regularly review staff salaries and make recommendations for promotions/ upgrades in consultation with unit head.
- Develop and implement monthly and quarterly departmental goals indicating individual KPI’s and performance plans in line with the overall mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Develop and monitor annual welfare budget that includes team bonding, special event, birthday celebration, etc.
- Be aware of incidents and occurrences involving the operations’ staff on the field.
- Develop and implement a performance management process and policy.
- Identify and prepare suitable employees as possible successors to incumbents in roles – (succession planning)
- Drive a performance management and reward system that will motivate staff and support actualization of the overall business vision
- Investigate and manage employee grievance procedure
- Examine and evaluate an employee’s work/behaviour by comparing it with the accepted standards
- Ensure monthly KPI reports are submitted by the supervisors to enhance the quarterly performance appraisal
- Documents the results of the comparison and use the results to provide feedback to the employee to show where improvements are needed and why.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3years’ post-NYSC experience working in this role or a similar role.
- Membership of a relevant professional body; CIPM.
- Up to date knowledge of Labour Law legislation in Nigeria
How to apply:
Enhance your chances by remodeling your Cover Letter / Resume before applying Click here to get started