Company Name: Shell
Company Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
About The Company
Shell is a global energy company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. Join the conversation on www.facebook.com/Shell Follow us on http://twitter.com/Shell Learn more about us on http://youtube.com/Shell
Oil & Energy
Health Care Provider
The purpose of this position is to provide Process/ Technical Safety Engineering expertise and support to Shallow Offshore projects, to enable the embedding of Goal zero.
- Lead reviews to help establish fit for purpose and cost-effective approach to technical safety engineering.
- Act as the Technical Safety Technical Authority (TA2) for Shallow Offshore project team with accountabilities as defined in the AIPSM and DCAF.
- Provide specialist services and support for Process Technical Safety (HEMP studies) studies.
- Provide support, challenge and expert advice, relating to Design Integrity, Technical Integrity and Operating Integrity during the Design and Execute phases of the projects.
- Drive the implementation of the Technical Safety Engineering discipline standards.
The incumbent will provide hands-on Technical Safety Engineering services and support under the Engineering Lead and the accountabilities include
- Executing HEMP studies to support Shallow Offshore Project team.
- Providing specialist services and support to the project team on requirements on HSSE Cases and the associated HEMP studies (HAZID, HAZOP, Bow-Tie, FIREPRAN, etc) supporting these HSSE Cases.
- Screen and/or Review E-MoC to support timely Technical Safety input to assure proper Risk Management in the Management of Change Process.
- Hazardous Area Classification (HAC) Review Support HAC, ensuring timely Process/ Technical Safety input.
- Participating in audits, health checks, technical reviews, incident investigations and peer assists as the technical authority in the subject area.
- Provide input into detailed design of new facilities or modifications to facilities undertaken by the Shallow Offshore project team with special emphasis on safety and optimization of facility up-time/availability.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of HSSE & SP Control Framework and the Discipline Control and Assurance Framework (DCAF) for the effective delivery of projects within the Shallow Offshore project team.
- Provide Technical Authority (TA2) support for the Shallow Offshore Project Team.
- Promoting effective communication of Technical Safety best practices in Shallow Offshore projects.
- Lead HSE Risks Management
- HAZID organisation/facilitations/contribution
- Hazard analysis using Bow Tie.
- Risk Assessment contribution/facilitation/training
- HSE Cases / ALARP demonstration process.
- Management of Change.
- Major Hazards Management.
- Physical Effect Modelling (using FRED software)
- Support Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) review.
- Broad knowledge of oil and gas business and its process safety aspects. Technical Engineering or Advanced Science degree with 10+ years relevant experience. Broad experience with EP and experience with Safety risk aspects of EP. A degree in safety risk engineering would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of the business risks
- Assessed TSE TA2 (or TSE TA2 ready at the minimum)
- Good knowledge of the relevant Group and EP standards.
- Knowledge in use of Design safety tools such as HSE Cases, Bowties, HAZID, FIREPRAN, HAZOP, Layout reviews, Fire & Explosion modelling, QRA, SIL, dispersion modelling, etc.
- Good understanding of business aspects of HSE in the short and long term.
- Strong focus on Enterprise First, ensuring close connection and alignment with other Shell Businesses.
- Passion, drive and commitment for HSE performance excellence.
- Team player.
- Good analytical skills and keen sense of reality.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Please note We occasionally amend or withdraw jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Enhance your chances by remodeling your Cover Letter / Resume before applying Click here to get started
Go to https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=30030&siteid=5798&jobId=1596449&dclid=CLn–7fg5OUCFcsGBgAdFqUBaA#jobDetails=1596449_5798 to apply.